Getting back to basics: considering whether a top-quality base layer is a good buy?
The answer is yes, and here’s why the Turtle Neck base layer from Musto is a good purchase.
Base layers are particularly associated with keeping warm. The name holds the clue: lots of thinner layers keep you warmer than one thick one. Take a tip from skiing though, where the combination of sun and snow requires both warmth and UV protection. That’s what’s provided by this base layer – a UV factor of 40 that will guard you from moderate sun exposure for an extended period.
Whether you use it as a warm base layer or a UV blocker (or both!), the longer length body and long sleeves are ideal for use throughout the year. That’s backed up by elastane ribbed sections to support your muscles when they’re working hard .
The material is superb when it comes to wicking away moisture, too, and contains anti-microbial silver to keep you fresh during strenuous activities. Advanced fabric mesh and honeycomb panels add extra breathability to places where you heat up most.
For the final touch, there’s a stock tie loop, making this an excellent choice.
- High performance technical top in 63% Polyamide, 35% Polypropylene, 2% Elastane
- Breathable fabric wicks away excess moisture, is anti-microbial and anti-snag
- UPV factor 40 shields you against moderate, extended exposure to sun
- Long sleeves and extra-long body provide superb cover
- Muscle supporting elastane ribbing aids during advanced competition
- Honeycomb and mesh panels provide extra cooling to high heat areas
- Stock loop tie makes it a great choice
- Machine washable at 40° makes it an easy-care option
- Elegant, versatile top that will quickly become a year-round essential